Welcome! I'm so glad you came by
today...enjoy...and the girls say hey! ;)

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

a lil fun today...and an award!

after yesterdays fabric shopping...(pics will come in various stages of creating the gown, i promise!), today we need to get back to school work. so since mm is home this week, i left all the people here for a much needed alone-time workout. when i came back...all the birthday cake was gone. at 10 am. in the morning. on a tuesday.

oh. my. heavens! they had cake for breakfast. So i head outside to the "man house" where mm is working...and the following ensues:

me: "what.the.dang dude, cake for breakfast?"
mm:"sure did, it's gone now!"
me: "but...b,bbb, but, cake! for breakfast?!?"
mm: "yeah, they had grits first, what's the problem?"
me: "dang man, first it's 10 am. second, they gave me lip this morning about how *I* ate all the dagone cake, so they weren't getting any today! and you gave it *ALL* to them! dang dude!"
mm: "didn't know that part, sorry babe"
me: "it's 10 am! geesh!"

yea, mm gave them cake. ha! at least they had grits first. what a day.

so yeah, workout in, cake gone...seems like a great day to try my hand at making KING CAKE! now, if you're unsure of what that is, here is an excellent link: king cake origins

so when i'm done, i will be making a post for a recipe and my thoughts on said recipe, promise. :)

now, this morning, after the cake incident, i checked my email and got word taht i'd been given this:



My first award! Thanks so much to Queen Beth at Her Majesty's Throne! Now i realize how funny it might be to ya'll, but this is thrilling to me! So here's the thing...
Now, I'm supposed to:
1) Put the logo within my blog or on my post
2) Pass the award onto 12 fellow bloggers
3) Link the nominees within my post
4) Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
5) Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award from.
So, I nominate (because ya'll bring sunshine into my day!):

1) Kasey @ Beautiful Mess
2) Ana @ Knock Off Wood
3) mom @ 5x mom
4) momma olive @ Raising Olives
5) gumbo lily @ Gumbo Lily
7) Toni @ In the Midst of this Season
8) Tania @ Larger Family Life
9) Katrina @ Mommy Nine Times
10) Lynn @ Midday Escapades
11) Tara @ Too Many Kids in the Bathtub
12) Mamma Bear @ Mother Bear Naturals

Cuz ya'll are my girls and i love ya'll!



No comments: