Welcome! I'm so glad you came by
today...enjoy...and the girls say hey! ;)

Sunday, September 27, 2009

resting on a Sunday...

Not really by choice. but sitting here, resting b/c of blood pressure, reminds me of so much...i'm sitting here listening to last weeks sermon by our pastor...later this week i'll listen to todays sermon...i love that the sermons are online now!

anyway...back to resting. this pregnancy seems to have flown by until now...and was relatively easy as well. now my bp is a bit elevated...nothing to worry about, just needing to care for myself more. those of you that are moms know how hard that can be! so i sit here, listening to a wonderful sermon about revival, and thinking about my situation. going long in pregnancy is a cross to bear, let no one tell you different. having prodromal labor, for weeks without end, also a cross to bear...both of which God has given me to bear. it's frustrating, and hard to live with or deal with. while talking with my husband about how i was feeling the other night, i likened my situation to the apostle Paul. in 2 corinthians 12:7-9 the scripture says:

7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


why is this so hard to remember? why is it so hard for me sit back and know that God is in total control, and that in my weakness HE is strong? Has there ever been a more true statement? "My grace is sufficient for thee". There are so many troubles in this world. my friend with cancer, my friend with a sick baby, my friend dealing with the loss of her husband....so many troubles...but HIS grace is sufficient. Perhaps i should choose to see it a different way...as i struggle, in my human desires and misunderstandings, God has chosen me to walk this path that HE may be glorified...

when i think on it like that...all of a sudden it seems easier to deal with, easier to walk through. i CAN do this...all because I have THE God walking with me, preparing the way, going on before me, knowing how this will all turn out. Seems like no reason to worry then...and no reason to fret.

in the coming days, may God remind me that HE is glorified through my weakness...and thru those weaknesses am i made strong!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Amen! Be axious in no-thing. Just abide in Him, and suck sap (nourishment) from the vine. He's got you and babe covered in His goodness.

Celee said...

It's all about perspective, isn't it? Hang in there!